Apple CEO Tim Cook has said complying with the FBI's request to break into an iPhone belonging to one of the San Bernardino shooters would be "bad for America". Speaking to ABC News, Cook said doing so would set a legal precedent that would not benefit Americans in the long run. "This would be bad for America," Cook told ABC. "It would also set a precedent that I think many people in America would be offended by and when you think about those, which are knowns, compared to something that might be there, I believe we are making the right choice." He said he is planning to take up the issue with US President Barack Obama directly. Last week a judge ruled Apple must comply with the FBI's request to hack into the phone of Syed Rizwan Farook, who killed 14 and injured 22 in a rampage on December 2. Apple has until Friday to dispute the court order. They would be willing to take the case all the way to the US Supreme Court, if that became the case, Cook said. He also claimed they found out about the filing through the media and were not informed directly.