Actor Drew Barrymore on Sunday said she had backed off plans to bring back her daytime talk show while strikes in Hollywood continue, yielding to an outcry of criticism.
The proposed return of The Drew Barrymore Show drew picketers from the striking writers' and actors' unions as taping resumed last week.
On Sunday, the actor released a statement on Instagram that said: "I have listened to everyone, and I am making the decision to pause the show's premiere until the strike is over."
Barrymore also expressed her "deepest apologies to anyone I have hurt".
The actor on Friday had issued a video on Instagram saying she was going forward with plans to resume her talk show next week because so many jobs were on the line, but the post was deleted later on Friday.
Crew members on the show have been out of work since the Writers Guild of America (WGA) strike began in May and shut down production.
Other talk shows have also announced plans to return to television. Real Time host Bill Maher said he was bringing back his HBO show without written pieces such as a monologue and would focus on debates with guests.
The WGA said it was "difficult to imagine" how Maher, a WGA member, could host the show and still comply with strike rules. The union said members would picket the filming of the show.
More from Entertainment News
Striking Hollywood actors resume contract talks with studios, networks
Negotiators for striking Hollywood actors resumed contract talks on Monday with representatives of major studios, television networks and streaming services, marking the first time the two sides have returned to the bargaining table since mid-July.
Taylor Swift again watches Chiefs, Kelce amid romance rumours
Pop megastar Taylor Swift was just a spectator on Sunday at New Jersey's MetLife Stadium, but she was still the star of the show as she watched her rumoured beau, Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, face the New York Jets.
Beyonce's concert film to be distributed globally by AMC
A film based on American pop star Beyonce's hit "Renaissance World Tour" is set to be distributed globally by a unit of AMC Entertainment, the company said, as cinema chains look to fill content gaps stemming from Hollywood strikes.
Suspect charged with Tupac murder
An admitted former street gang leader was arrested on Friday on a charge of murder in the Las Vegas shooting of hip-hop star Tupac Shakur nearly three decades ago, a long-unsolved crime that became a defining moment in the history of rap music.
NSYNC drop first new song together in 20 years
NSYNC, one of the most successful acts of the late 1990s, released their first new music together in 20 years on Friday, a song featuring in animated movie "Trolls Band Together".