3 injured in Dubai hotel fire


Three people have suffered minor injuries due to smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a hotel on Dubai’s Sheikh Zayed Road on Sunday night.

Dubai Civil Defence confirmed that the blaze erupted in one of the top floors of the Gevora Hotel at around 6:30 pm.

At 356-metre (1168 feet) high, the hotel is the tallest in the world. 

Police say Sunday's fire was caused by a short circuit in one of the hotel's sauna rooms.

They say it was put out in less than an hour with guests evacuated as a precautionary measure.

More from Local News