Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) adds to its record of achievements in sustainability, good governance, artificial intelligence and corporate social responsibility.
H.E. Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, managing director and CEO of DEWA said that DEWA’s success is a result of the visionary leadership of the President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan; His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai; and His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces; for the UAE to be number one globally in all areas.
Al Tayer added that DEWA’s achievements underline the competitiveness of Dubai and its global position.
Its list of awards includes:
- The Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Education-Supporting Institutions for DEWA Academy's investment in youth and vocational qualifications for UAE Nationals
- Two awards in the Global Good Governance (3G) Awards 2020 from Cambridge IFA in the UK: the 3G Leadership Award and Al Tayer received the 3G Personality of the Year for good governance and sustainability
- The US SEAL (Sustainability, Environment Achievement & Leadership) Award for Environmental Initiatives, namely the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park
- A UK Peer Award for Commitment to Excellence for its Customer Happiness Centres
- The International CSR Excellence awards for Water Saving, Community Commitment, Volunteering, and Partnerships for its Advanced Metering Infrastructure-Water project and Zayed al Khair treatment camp in Bangladesh
- An AI Breakthrough Award for Transactional Robotics Innovation for its virtual employee Rammas
From 2015 to 2019, DEWA has won 277 prestigious awards including 162 international awards, 56 regional awards, and 59 local awards.
This achievement reflects the recognition of award givers and experts to DEWA’s achievements and leadership in different areas, including innovation, sustainability, customer happiness, AI digital services, governance, HR, key activities, health, safety, environment, and corporate excellence.